Laila & Me Freeze Dried Raw Australian Salmon Bellies
These tasty morsels are guaranteed to be a crowd favourite, and they’re super nutritious to boot. Salmon is an amazing brain-boosting choice because it is loaded with healthy omega 3 fatty acids.
Omega 3 is an essential inclusion in the diet for its anti-inflammatory properties, so it’s especially important if your pet has any sort of inflammatory conditions, like itching or sore joints.
The fatty acids in salmon are provided in the easily absorbed forms EPA and DHA, so it’s sure to hit the spot. Salmon also has a good hit of vitamin D, which is essential for healthy bones and muscles and must be provided through the diet, because sadly our pets can’t convert it from sunlight like us. It’s also a great source of protein and B vitamins.
We source all of our salmon from Tassel in Tasmania, which practices sustainable farming methods and is certified by The Aquaculture Stewardship Council and Best Aquaculture Practice, which are independent aquaculture certification bodies concerned with animal welfare and responsible fishing practices.
We use the bellies because they are leftover from the human supply chain and we would hate to see these nutritious morsels go to waste!
About Freeze Drying;
- Freeze drying ensure that all of the nutrients are retained and not damaged through heat.
- Freeze-dried food has a shelf like of up to 30 years when stored at a wide range of temperatures.
- While dehydrating may impact the nutritional value of some foods by degrading nutrients, freeze-drying retains all nutrients in their original state.
- Freeze drying does not affect the flavor or texture of the food, unlike almost all other preservations methods.
- Freeze drying makes food much lighter, which makes it more cost-effective to post.
- Freeze drying reduces around 99% of the moisture in food, creating an unlikely environment for bacteria and mould to grow
Available in two sizes: 60g & 140g